Monday, July 1, 2013

4th of July Table with Uncle Sam Hat centerpiece

Hi! thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm so excited because today I'm a guest blogger over at  www.11magnolialane.com ! If you haven't checked out their blog (by three friends- Christy,Terry and Amy) please do! There are a TON of ideas!! Ladies-Thanks so much for having me!!

Here's how I used the centerpiece on my.. July 4th table!
I was inspired after I found this fabric (Old Glory Bandana and Applique Flag) at my local thrift store (around 5 yards for $4.50) and spent a couple days figuring out what to make.

After cutting it apart ....


This is what I came up with...


I ended up sewing place mats, napkins, and a table runner. I also cut out the flags for the USA banner.

In a prior post I showed how I made the centerpiece..inexpensively.


I purchased red striped straws from Michael's ...

I used the bandana squares to make napkins. There are alot of tutorials on napkin folding online... I used the "star fold" for my napkins. I used the larger flags for my place mats.

I used extra fabric to cover my votive and coffee can - I placed smoke bombs, sparklers ,and pops inside and a little dollar store fan.
The USA that ran the length of my fabric became my runner.
I sewed the star fabric in between the USA pieces.
Ready to celebrate!


The poor chairs looked empty so I whipped up some fabric pinwheels and used buttons for the center and tied them to the back of the chairs.




Have a wonderful Independence day!


P.S. I had so many extra flags I made a banner for my mantle!
Again-thanks for stopping by!



No comments: