Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fifties Birthday Bash

Last night I had a Fifties theme birthday for my husband.
If I had tons of moo-la I would have bought retro furniture for our whole living room-just for fun and to set the mood.
...Instead I decorated our dining room.
Before hand I sent out invitations to let everyone know the theme, info etc...

I used a retired Classic Convertible stamp set and teal decorative paper for a retro look.


Love the wings on this car.


Next I made a banner for the dining room window. I used my Sizzix big Shot to make the scallop triangles and the scallop circles, then I went back to the scrapbook store and used their letter die cuts to make the letters for my banner.


I bought teal, black and white papers-and tried to stay within a masculine look.



I purchased the old Lp's for only 50 cents each (they were all from the 50's!)



Banner blowing in the breeze...


Here's Sawyer after school enjoying some root beer while I set up the dining room...


Setting up the table at night..I don't have the food on it yet-or the goody bags-I wanted to remember to take pictures, and I didn't want the fries, hamburgers or hotdogs getting cold.
I bought an old fashioned red ketchup container and yellow mustard container too. ( basket with wax paper for the fries)


I had a 12" cake pan, so I made a one layer cake, then frosted it with dark chocolate frosting and added Brian's picture to the center-tried to resemble an old LP. Baker I am not.

I found these milkshake glasses for only 50 cents each!
I purchased black straws for them. I even found long milkshake spoons for the party!



These are various Coca Cola glasses I had found at the thrift store, as well.



I used three milkshake glasses to hold the knives, forks and spoons.


No party could be complete without some goody bags!


I used some American craft stickers,

and some paper, then punched out some circle labels,


and put in a whoopee cushion, jacks and some candy in the paper bag.

We played a trivia game about the year 1960...Brian had a great time and enjoyed the company. All in all good time.

No comments: