Monday, February 28, 2011

Tea Party Invites

We're having a Tea Party for Lily's 11Th Birthday in March.

Tonight I made the invitations.
First I drew a rough sketch of a cup, then cut it out of computer paper...

I traced it onto cream card stock ...



then cut it out...


I retraced the shape onto scrapbook paper (but didn't include the handle part) and cut it out of the paper. I used an Exacto knife to cut out the handle part...

I also cut out another piece of paper for a decorative edge on the "cup".

Then I shaded every piece with my Chocolate Chip ink...




After shading, I glued the pieces onto the card stock.




I cut out a "paper tea bag" and took my Exacto knife and cut a slit in the tea cup- for the "tea bag" to fit into to.




I made sure to only cut threw the top part of the cup!


I glued the two pieces together, then took some twine and cut it into small lengths for the bag. (Even the twine I got from the thrift store is special -it says "Lily!!"



I stamped the words onto the paper tea bag, and wrote in the details...



12 all done!


I also wrote Tea Party on the little tag..




Ready to go out tomorrow!

Now onto the game planning...hum.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, so cute!!! I want to have a tea party now, just so I can make some of these cute little invitations! You did such a beautiful job! :)