Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bittersweet Day

My little guy has graduated out of Preschool!
He is my one and only to have gone to preschool - due to a speech delay.
(This is a "don't take my picture going in by myself pose" last year)


I wasn't ready to drop him off on his 3rd birthday, or for him to be gone all the day, I was nervous how he'd fare and I missed him...However, he was fine! He had an excellent teacher (Miss Meg)...

...very patient teacher's aides (Aunty Edwina & Aunty Carmel),



... fun, sweet Head Start teachers (Aunty Laure and Aunty Mahi)

and wonderful speech Therapists ( Miss Barb and Miss Karla) the whole two years he was there! Plus summer school!



He went from saying nothing and pointing, to writing letters, his name and talking NON STOP!


There's still some sounds like "R's" and "L's" that need work, but he is definitely ready for Kindergarten.
It was a bittersweet day for me actually because I'll miss seeing them every week...

He is ready for summer!




No comments: