Sunday, August 22, 2010

hall Bathroom Remodel

I'm so excited to share these pics! Our hall bath remodel is almost finished! (Still to be grouted)
First!...walk down "hall bath" lane with me..

For the past 5 years I have been living with grey and blue tile. Sorry -blurry picture.
Tile that was already here...


I tried to bring in a beach theme by painting the walls, but the colors didn't go with the rest of house -plus I'm a "neutral" kind of girl- green's, tan's, browns etc.. are colors I prefer.

The tile was bright blue too.


I added the beach pictures and starfish but it was time for a change.



Older cabinet (particle board-old medicine cabinet etc..) Standard faucet.




Now the result !! ( Please bear with me-I love details and good deals.)



First we had to take out the old to bring in the new, not the fun part!


Out with the toilet, mirror, and cabinet.






New limestone floor being installed -thanks to talented hubby.




Better, but still looks pretty ugly at this point.





Sawyer hanging with dad..while he works.







Laying out tile accents and options in Kitchen -talking about style, etc..





Tiles he had saved for five years! ( in case we could use them)







New cabinet installed-Mirror from Ross ($33!) granite remnant from previous job, sink and faucet free -from job not used/wanted )



Light Home Depot,








Hand towels Tommy Hilfiger-Ross, Coconut hand soap and lotion-Ross, Wood tray Walmart Hawaii souvenir section.. I was very happy the labels matched and the spout was silver.


Tiled Shower wall, with accents = lovely! Wood soap dish from Ms. Buettner -kid's teacher. (Brought over for us from Africa!)







Love those accents!





Beautiful marble tub surround -Brian, bathmat-Ross, wicker step stool & washcloth Ross Store.



Picture -Ross Store, Paint "Powell Bluff" Benjamin Moore paint.




The two pictures above the new toilet, both from the thrift store-before I saw the other picture at Ross. Yet they all match. Very Happy!







Close up of pictures-metal accent. Reminded me of the tile accents.




I forgo the usual shower curtain because I wanted something with texture and bought these curtain panels instead. (from Ross) I'll just sew a fabric shower curtain to the back.
Love the huge grommets.



Kind of like waves sewn in.




The Whole after picture for you!
The Before once again ...

Now the after!..

Looking in...











I can't wait- my room and master bath are next on the remodel/tile list! Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

McBritney said...

Wow Val! it looks FABULOUS! I want to say like a hotel bathroom- but not in a negative way lol, like expensive luxurious kind of way!

livinginthemidwest said...

I was going to say the same thing...about a fancy hotel bathroom. Very nice. Both of you did a fantastic job. I love before and after photos.

Unknown said...

Oh my, that is so amazing! I am with you on the colors. I love all the tile. So beautiful.
I could move in and be very happy.
Brooke

Michelle said...

Fantastic! I recently redid my own bathroom and know it's a lot of work. Love all the deals you found. And the pics remind me of the tile accents too!