Monday, August 30, 2010

Out with the old....

A few months ago I was dropping off some items at the thrift store and did a quick "run through" just to see if there were any cool deals. I found a square cocktail table that looked like it would match my end tables, but it didn't have any price tag on it.
( I had been looking for a square table, although I had a rectangular coffee table that had seen better days), so I asked the manager how much it was he said $25. Oh yeah ! I paid and loaded it in my van as quickly as I could. ..and I promptly put the old one out in the garage . I'm not usually a glass kind of girl-but I like seeing the rug underneath and how it is higher than the coffee table.



I took some Murphy's Oil soap cleaned it up, and set in in the living room-and rearranged my love seats because I love to do that kind of thing!



I also snagged these candle holders. Hum, another thing I think I like to collect.




From another angle.




Any woo-

One of our kids' school teacher, who shares a house with some other teachers,


mentioned they were looking for furniture, so I offered our old table -which she graciously accepted.


Today, as I was loading it in the van, I saw the kids "signatures" on the bottom -so I took a few pics to remember their little hands laying underneath, drawing and coloring...


and I'm also glad they teachers will be able to use it, paint it, etc...


Goodbye little table.

No comments: