Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A bag for baby Ryder

A friend's daughter, had a baby girl , so I decided to make her a "one of a kind" tote bag for the beach, or a playtime outing, etc...
Her baby shower invite was pink, black, and white - so that became my color "inspiration".
I didn't want a plain canvas tote bag but a hot pink one, which I found at Walmart in the craft section. (Package of three bags- I can make two more now!)




I wanted to make the baby a "rad" blanket that wouldnt look like anyone else's, and I found flannel zebra print fabric! Perfect.


I also wanted to add some "bling", so I bought this fleur de lis rhinestone embellishment.


When I couldnt find any black iron on letters, I bought black iron on patches instead...



....and I took them to my scrapbook store and used the Accucut 2" die cut letters to cut out her name.
>

For a little added sophistication I bought this zebra print scarf.




I started by ironing her name at the top of the bag.




Then I ironed on the rhinestone embellishment.










I tied the zebra scarf to the handle...




and I attached the black key chain tag to the handle as well. (pic of big brother holding her)



Now what did I put inside?...

A couple of things for when she is older...
An OP terry cover up...

a flower hair band...
Some pink, Cammi flip flops ...




a hot, pink fish to play in the sand or water...



plus a nice, soft (pre-washed fabric) blanket.


All together now....

All done!




Hope she liked it!

No comments: