Thursday, October 29, 2009

Easy as 1 - 2 -3 !

I'm so excited about cooking this dinner! Yes-I actually used excited and cooking in the same sentence! I got a recipe from a local girl at my Mops meeting, and today I'm testing it out.

The kitchen is smelling delicious, and the kids asked "What's cooking?" when the came home from school.

I'm actually excited to sit down tonight and get their reviews.

So what is this easy as 1,2,3 recipe you ask?

Well, you'll need a crock pot to get started. Mine is from my mom, and I used to use it in Montana, all the time for stew. Since living here in this 82 degree weather, I've only pulled it out of the cupboard to cook little smokies at our Christmas party last year.


First ingredient - pork butt. OK yes, I said the B word. My kids were amazed.
Nothing fancy, just grabbed a medium size one at the grocery store.
Second ingredient-Liquid smoke.

Third and last ingredient- Hawaiian Sea Salt and Seasoning.

Prep-Remove lid from crock pot.

1. Place the P.B. in the crock pot.

2. Pour 1 1/2 tbsp. Liquid Smoke on top of P.B.

3. Pour 1 tbsp. Hawaiian Sea salt on top of P.B.

Finished-Place lid on crock pot , turn knob to low.

Go to craft room and play.
( Well, I wanted to play in craft room-that would be the ideal plan)

Later in the day -admire the wonderful smell and hard work of the crock pot. Impress your neighbors as they smell the scent coming thru your kitchen window!

Get out your trusty,yet ugly, rice cooker and let it go to work for you as well.

Enjoy!!


Yum yum!

No comments: