Thursday, October 1, 2009

Apple Taste Test



When I was grocery shopping a couple days ago, I noticed an apple I had never tried before called .."Jazz", and all the other apple varieties I'd never tried ... Sawyer's class was learning about their five senses,so I asked his teachers if I could bring some apples in, and have a taste test, to see which apples they liked. There were 10 varieties from the store! Pacific Rose, Southern Rose, Jazz, Red Delicious, Golden, Granny Smith, Braeburn, Fuji, Gala, & Honeycrisp. I showed them the labels on the apples (it tells where the apples are from, and what kind of apple they were eating) and the kids voted which apple they liked the most (Braebrun) and by the end of the tasting, most were saying "No thank you,too much!"



1 comment:

livinginthemidwest said...

Pacific Rose is my absolute favorite!