Thursday, September 24, 2009

My new "Motivational" Trick



I don't really like the word "trick", I just wasn't sure what to call it. I've been letting the kids stay up 1/2 hour later at night -only if they are reading a book. I wanted them to be doing something that they could discuss, and something they really did-rather than watch a book -in a movie, or a fake accomplishment on a computer screen. I took them to Borders, and let them pick a brand new,not from a yard sale, or thrift store-book! It smelled so nice in the bookstore-fresh paper! They have been zipping through their books, and are reading some I had purchased before our new activity.(that's a better word than trick I suppose, "activity")
Its been quiet in the evenings, and wonderful to walk into the living room, and see them sitting on the love seats - reading their books!

No comments: