Monday, November 24, 2008

This week I'm Counting my Blessings...

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)

From my daily devotional-Encouragement for Today...
"The University of California...Researchers found that grateful people report higher levels of positive emotions, more satisfaction with life, and more vitality and optimism. They also found grateful people show lower levels of depression and stress.
What's more, research found that people who keep journals about gratitude on a weekly basis are healthier. They exercise more regularly, report fewer physical symptoms, and feel better in general than people who journal about neutral or negative life events.
Finally, the research showed that people who daily count their blessings report higher levels of alertness, enthusiasm, determination, and energy. The Bible urges us to give thanks ... all the time ... in every situation ... because this practice is the will of God."

In honor of Thanksgiving...my idea this week, is to put up my big blackboard and write down a few blessings everyday,and I'm going to encourage my family to write down some too. How bout you?

No comments: